The Metal Rhino wooden deadlift pulling blocks allow you to start your lift from a higher position, which is great for learning and practising your technique as well as going heavy for partial deadlifing.
The blocks come with two configurations and two heights:
- Flat side up means the barbell is positioned just below the knees on most people.
- Ideal for heavier lifting, like deadlift pulls / “rack pulls” / partial deadlifts, as the bar doesn’t need to be replaced as carefully due to the flat surface.
- There are bumper strips / lips at either end to help prevent the bar from rolling off the block.
- Curved side up has the barbell positioned slightly lower down the leg (approximately 4cm lower than the position of the bar on the flat side).
- Perfect for Olympic Lifting technique training as the lifter doesn’t need to worry about any bar movement before initiating the pull.
- This is also the perfect height and set-up for floor presses as the bar is in a fixed starting position and so cannot roll about on you before you press.
- Both heights are useful for teaching lifters many different lifts such as cleans, snatches, high pulls, deadlifts etc without having to worry about the hardest position for the body to get into… the barbell on the ground!
- The blocks can also be used for floor presses allowing an easier set-up and without the need for a partner to help lift into position.
- Each block weighs approximately 11kg.
- You must not use cast-iron or hex weight plates as they will damage the wooden blocks. The weight plates must be rubber-coated and ideally bumper plates. The wooden blocks are solidly built and will take a lot of abuse, but please be sensible and not use weight plates that could damage them above and beyond their designed purpose.
- The blocks are designed for indoor use only. Please contact us if you wish to use them outside to discuss the options and extra costs.
Please allow 3-4 weeks for the item to arrive as it is made to order.
All the design and joinery has been carried out by quality carpenters.
Built in Belfast Built to Last