Climbing Ropes with Eyelet
This is a local made 1.5″ synthetic hemp rope (polypropylene spun fibre yarns named polyhemp, hempex or hardy hemp) that has a vastly superior feel to the likes of manilla rope. You’ll not get any splinters with this rope!
We offer this rope with a soft braided eyelet (eye splice) that does not require a mounting bracket. Simply throw over a suitable and strong overhead beam, slide the dead-end through the eyelet and pull tight.
Often used as a measure of an athlete’s upper body strength and endurance, there are very few upper body exercises more challenging than the rope climb. Whether it is for CrossFit, MMA, military training, fitness gym classes or obstacle course racing (OCR), climbing a rope is one of the toughest things you’ll ever do. Take your grip, forearm and upper body strength to the next level.
The end has been finished with special rubber handle to prevent fraying.
- 6.5ft = 2m
- 11ft = 3.5m
- 16ft = 5m
- 20ft = 6.5m
- 25ft = 8m
- 30ft = 9.5m
Advantages of Synthetic Hemp Rope
- It is very comfortable which provides a solid grip minimising rope burn and slippage.
- It has a higher breaking load than natural ropes.
- The anti-UV treatment means it is particularly suitable for outdoor use being weather and rot resistant.
- A consistently accurate diameter.
A Few Tips
- When considering the length of rope needed one should ideally leave 1-1.5m (3-4ft) on the ground (the 6.5ft and 11ft ropes not withstanding). Having a bit of slack means it is easier to get on the rope, allows the rope to remain steadier when climbing and also allows a partner/spotter to stand on the rope to help prevent it flailing about too much. This is for your safety.
- If the rope is to be attached to different locations then to aid in the removal of the rope from it’s fixing point, attach a length of thin rope/webbing to the braided eyelet; this can then be pulled to loosen the eyelet end to enable the rope to be unlooped from it’s fixing point.
- Synthetic Hemp is very durable. Indeed the very same rope is used on the Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge in Northern Ireland. However, to ensure the longevity of your rope we recommend it is not left outdoors.
- We recommend you climb the longer ropes with at least one other person present to help out if a problem occurs.
- When climbing the rope is it recommended to use chalk to ensure as solid a grip as possible.
- Please observe all safety precautions when performing any activities with climbing ropes.
- By purchasing this product from Metal Rhino you are agreeing to take responsibility for your own health and well-being.
- A spotter and/or proper supervision should always be present.
- Please follow directions and keep safety in mind at all times when engaging in rope climbing activities.
- A risk assessment may be needed before installing the rope to ensure the structure is suitable for it’s intended purpose.
- Only one person at a time should be on the rope.
Please allow 1-2 weeks for the ropes to arrive as they are made to order.
Built in Belfast, Built to Last